Aquila District's Merit Badge Jamboree gives Scouts the opportunity to meet and work with qualified, registered Merit Badge Counselors on a variety of Merit Badges. All Scouts BSA Scouts, Varsity Scouts, and qualified Venturers are welcome to attend. There is typically a Jamboree in the spring and fall each year, with different Merit Badges offered at each event. Jamborees are also opportunities for adults to take trainings like Youth Protection, Merit Badge Counselor, and Scoutmaster Specific.
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (directions)
200 S 177th Place
Burien, WA 98148
The Merit Badge list, schedule, and registration details are available at this link All Merit Badge sessions have enrollment limits to ensure a quality experience for each participating Scout. Session assignments will be made on a first-come, first-serve basis. Be sure to pre-register early as sessions fill up quickly.
Registration is Free!
Scouts should come prepared. This means that Scouts should:
- have gotten copies of the Merit Badge pamphlets (available for purchase from the Scout Shop or ScoutStuff.org, or possibly for free from your Troop's library or local public library)
- have read the pamphlets before arriving
- have gotten Blue Cards signed by their Scoutmaster indicating they're qualified to begin working on the badges
- have the merit badge worksheets, paper, and a pencil or pen
- be prepared to join in the discussion and activities
- have already completed any prerequisites listed in the registration form
- not expect the Merit Badge Counselors to teach you the Merit Badges
- A Blue Card signed by your Unit Leader
- A day pack with a sack lunch, snacks, water bottle, and anything needed to complete Merit Badges
- Wear your full Class A uniform
Please direct questions to your Unit Leader or Shelly Johnston (contact).