This course is intended to provide cutting edge information about this exciting program to those adults who are involved with Venturing Crews and anyone interested in learning about it. Crew Advisors who complete this training and the Venturing version of Youth Protection training are considered "trained."
Trained leaders at all levels are the key to quality Scouting programs that fulfill the mission of the Boy Scouts of America and attract and retain youth members. Participants will discuss the roles and responsibilities of Venturing Crew Advisors and how to keep youth positively engaged in the functions of a successful crew.
As a result of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the nature of the Venturing program and its value to youth.
- Outline the specifics of the Venturing program.
- Explain the relationship between crew officers and Advisors.
- Value the challenges of working with youth and young adults.
- List the Venturing recognition opportunities.
- Conduct the annual program planning process.
Check back for the 2017 event date.
Schoenwald Park (directions)
16030 Sylvester Road SW
Burien, WA 98166
Uniforms are encouraged; Venturing Green or the Scouts BSA Tan/Green. Crew designed and approved uniforms are also welcome. Follow your crew's rules on uniform. Bring a Venturing Leader Manual, and a sack lunch. A printable flyer is also available for this event.
Please register by e-mailing West Niver.