Who: Cub Scouts 1st-3rd grade and Girl Scouts K-3rd grade. Please register individually and not as a troop.
What: Scouts will choose stations to visit and tours to go on. Some of the topics include: composting, native plants, Leave No Trace, insects, seeds and planting, and plant selection.
Where: Aaron Education Center at the Bellevue Botanical Garden, 12001 Main Street, Bellevue, WA 98005. Please check-in at the Education Center when you arrive.
When: Saturday, April 29th, 2017 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. How: To register go to www.bellevuebotanical.org and click on Learning in the Garden then Scout Programs.
Cost: $12 per scout. Adult chaperones are free.
- Bring your own lunch/snacks.
- Scouts must be accompanied by an adult or follow their scout adult-child safety ratios. Suggested ratio is 1:4. This is not a drop-off event.
- Scouts will receive a BB Garden Fun Patch.
- Earned official badges/achievements are not included.
- For Cub Scouts we will offer parts of the following achievements:
- Tigers: Backyard Jungle and Tigers In the Wild
- Wolf: Call of the Wild, Paws on the Path and Grow Something
- Bears: Fur, Feathers, & Ferns.
Contact Kate Sorensen at LivingLab@bellevuebotanical.org if you have questions or have adults or older scouts (16+) that would like to volunteer at the event.