About Alpine District
The Chief Seattle Council is divided into 9 districts with leadership provided by the District Executive, District Chairman, and the District Commissioner. Except for the District Executive, the committee is staffed by volunteers.
The Alpine District has served the greater communities of Fall City, Issaquah, North Bend, Sammamish, Snoqualmie, portions of Newcastle, and the Renton Highlands since 1996. For 2021, Alpine District supports 36 Scouting units with more than 400 registered adult volunteers serving over 900 youth. If you are interested in learning more about Scouting, please contact or visit one of the Cub Scout Packs, Scouts BSA Troops, Venturing Crews, or Exploring Posts in our community at Scout Me In.
District Roundtable Meetings: The Alpine District Roundtable meets on the second Thursday of each month at 7:00PM at Our Savior Lutheran Church, 745 Front Street South, Issaquah. The objective of roundtable is to provide unit leaders with program ideas; information on policy and events; and training opportunities. It is a forum for sharing experiences and enjoying fun and fellowship with other Scout leaders.
District Committee Meetings: The Alpine District Committee meets at the Issaquah Sportsman’s Club on the first Thursday of each month at 7:00 pm. All are welcome. The voting members of the Alpine District consist of volunteer representatives from each chartered organization having at least one BSA unit, plus annually elected members-at-large who in turn elect the District Chair.
District Commissioner Meetings: The Alpine District Commissioners meet at the same date and location as the District Committee meeting except starting at 6:15 PM.
Events and Training hosted or supported annually by Alpine District:
- Klondike – Winter sled racing, scout skills, and dutch oven cooking in Jan or Feb.
- Merit Badge Fair – Spring and fall.
- Scouting for Food – Cub Scout service project in March.
- High Adventure Camporee – Scout skills in May.
- OA Induction Weekend and Ordeal – June (Council)
- Adult Leader Recognition Ceremony – June
- Whitewater Rafting – June
- Cub Scout Day Camp – July (Council)
- OA Conclave – September (Council)
- OA Fall Rally – October (Council)
- WASHJAM – August every four years returning 2021 (regional)
- Webelos Woods – Scouting introduction for Webelos in September.
- BALOO – Pack Leader training.
- IOLS – Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills – Scoutmaster and ASM training.
- Program and Training Conference – Adult Leader Training in October (Council).
- WFA – Wilderness First Aid training.
- Wood Badge – Adult Leader training (Council).