About Alpine District
The Chief Seattle Council is divided into 9 districts with leadership provided by the District Executive, District Chairman, and the District Commissioner. Except for the District Executive, the committee is staffed by volunteers.
District Roundtable Meetings: The Alpine District Roundtable meets on the second Thursday of each month at 7:00PM at Our Savior Lutheran Church, 745 Front Street South, Issaquah. The objective of roundtable is to provide unit leaders with program ideas; information on policy and events; and training opportunities. It is a forum for sharing experiences and enjoying fun and fellowship with other Scout leaders.
District Committee Meetings: The Alpine District Committee meets at the Issaquah Sportsman’s Club on the first Thursday of each month at 7:00 pm. All are welcome. The voting members of the Alpine District consist of volunteer representatives from each chartered organization having at least one BSA unit, plus annually elected members-at-large who in turn elect the District Chair.
District Commissioner Meetings: The Alpine District Commissioners meet at the same date and location as the District Committee meeting except starting at 6:15 PM.
Events and Training hosted or supported annually by Alpine District:
- Klondike – Winter sled racing, scout skills, and dutch oven cooking in Jan or Feb.
- Merit Badge Fair – Spring and fall.
- Scouting for Food – Cub Scout service project in March.
- High Adventure Camporee – Scout skills in May.
- OA Induction Weekend and Ordeal – June (Council)
- Adult Leader Recognition Ceremony – June
- Whitewater Rafting – June
- Cub Scout Day Camp – July (Council)
- OA Conclave – September (Council)
- OA Fall Rally – October (Council)
- WASHJAM – August every four years returning 2021 (regional)
- Webelos Woods – Scouting introduction for Webelos in September.
- BALOO – Pack Leader training.
- IOLS – Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills – Scoutmaster and ASM training.
- Program and Training Conference – Adult Leader Training in October (Council).
- WFA – Wilderness First Aid training.
- Wood Badge – Adult Leader training (Council).