About Lake Shores District
The Chief Seattle Council is divided into 9 districts with leadership provided by the District Executive, District Chairman, and the District Commissioner. Except for the District Executive, the committee is staffed by volunteers.
Lake Shores District serves the greater communities of Bellevue, Juanita, Kirkland and Mercer Island.
Annual events within Lake Shores District include:
- Cub Scout Day Camp
- Merit Badge Fair
- Friends of Scouting
- Unit/District Recognition Dinner
- District Pinewood Derby
- Scouting for Food
- Various Training Events throughout the year
District Meetings: Lake Shores District Committee meets at the Mercer Island Presbyterian Church on the first Thursday of every month at 7:00 pm. All are welcome.
Lake Shores-Duwamish Klondike
Registration is open for 2022 Lake Shores-Duwamish Klondike at Camp Koinonia!
There are three categories for registration.
- Everyone need to register to attend Klondike, whether you are coming up for the day or the weekend.
- Spending the night? (or two!) Be it in a tent or limited cabin space, register here!
- Would you like a camp dining hall meal instead of cooking one of your own? Friday dinner, Saturday breakfast or Saturday dinner? Register here!
Kodiak Challenge Instructors Seminar
The Kodiak Instructors Seminar provides older youth and adult leaders the necessary tools to run their own Kodiak Challenge. Topic range from who can offer a Kodiak Trek, training and organizing and ideas on how to offer Kodiak.
Introduction to Outdoor Leadership Skills Training (IOLS)
This IOLS training is a “hands on” course that will provide adults and adult leaders the necessary practical skills to successfully lead Scouts in outdoor activities.
Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation Training (BALOO)
Before you begin to plan your next camping trip with your den or pack, come and actively explore ways to make the outdoors FUN for your Cub and Webelos Scouts in the Scouting way.