Citizenship in Society Merit Badge Workshop Resources
This page aims to help Scouts do research for requirements 7 and 8. These resources are not exhaustive, and are intended only to give some “thought starters”.
During the workshop, we will have “learning stations” set up with materials about key leaders and moments in the civil rights movements for Women, Block Americans, Asian Americans, Hispanic Americans, Native Americans, the LGBTQ community, and people with disabilities.
Resources (* related to Seattle history)
African American Leaders & Experience
Asian American and Pacific Islander Experience
Native American Experience
Legal Rulings for Inclusion
Please contact Chaffin Hornor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-902-2329.
Additional Workshop details:
What do I bring?
• Sack lunch, snack, and drink
• A small notebook and pen or pencil
• A backpack
• Work gloves for the service project
What do I wear?
• Class B uniform (i.e., Class A scout uniform shirt or Troop T-shirt.) Scouts who wear their Class A shirt should bring a T-shirt for the service project.
• Long pants
• Sneakers and socks (no sandals or flip flops)
Workshop Date, Time, & Agenda:
Saturday, June 4, 2022
• 8:15: Arrivals and registration
• 9:00 – 11:45: Program Starts. Morning sessions
• 11:45 – 12:15: Lunch and team games
• 12:15 -2:00: Afternoon sessions
• 2:00 – 2:30: Travel to the Heron’s Nest
• 2:30 – 4:45: Service Project and Completion of
• 5:00: Pick up and departure