Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook
As soon as you have an Eagle Scout Service Project concept in mind, be sure to download and save the Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook. Be sure to follow the specific direction for downloading and saving the Workbook to take advantage of the expandable text and image boxes.
You MUST use the workbook from this link. A random internet search often returns very old copies of the workbook. Project proposals using older copies will not be approved by the district.
Note: These PDF files are ONLY usable with the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader (Download). The file will usually NOT open correctly in a browser window or using other PDF readers.
Eagle Scout Project Coach
Your unit may have a formal Eagle Scout Project Coach but if not, no worries. Any of your unit leaders can help you get from choosing a project concept all the way to completion. If you have an adult who would like to become one, have them fill out the application here.
Requesting District Approval
After you have completed the Proposal section of the workbook, signed the Candidate’s Promise, and obtained approval signatures from your unit leader, unit committee member, and a representative of the project beneficiary, it’s time to reach out to your District Eagle Scout Project Approval representative(s). The District Representative will meet with you to discuss and approve your project if it meets all of the requirements of an Eagle Scout Service Project.
You MUST have District approval before starting ANY part of your actual Eagle Scout Project.
Getting your Eagle Scout Project Proposal Approved
Please remember to always include a second adult to all emails sent to District representatives.
Northern Trails District Troops
Contact either representative to setup up a review meeting, either in-person or online. Please email your project workbook to your reviewer before the meeting, including copies of all signature pages.
Lake Shores District Troops
Contact the project review team at the email address below.
- Put your name, troop # and project name in the subject line.
- Include your project workbook as an attachment including a copy of the signature page(s) with signatures from your unit leader, unit committee, and beneficiary.
- Include any images in pdf or word format as a separate document.
A member of our Eagle Scout Project Review Team will respond to your request based on availability. Please submit your review request at least 30 days before you intend to begin work on your project.
Eagle Scout Project Review Team
- Do not forget to add another adult to any email, text, or other communication methods to comply with BSA’s no one-on-one contact policy.
- Please arrive in uniform for any Eagle Scout-related meetings
- Eagle Scout Project reviews
- Eagle Scout Application reviews
- Council Service Center information
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 206-725-5200
- Address: 3120 Rainier Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98114
- Guidelines for age-appropriate tool use during your service project