Merit Badge Counselors
Requesting a Current Merit Badge Counselor List
Lake Shores Troops – Please contact Jacqui Orgovan
Northern Trails Troops – Please contact Kelly Trace (email@example.com).
Anyone not listed on a District Merit Badge Counselor List is not currently registered as Merit Badge Counselor and is not authorized to sign-off on Merit Badge requirements.
Becoming a Merit Badge Counselor
If you would like to apply to be a merit badge counselor, please follow these steps:
- Complete a BSA Adult Application if you are not currently registered with a unit (Pack, Troop, Team, Crew).
- Complete BSA Youth Protection Training and save a copy of your training certificate.
- Complete the Merit Badge Counselor Information form.
- Email the Merit Badge Counselor Information form, BSA Youth Protection Training certificate, and Adult Application (if needed) to firstname.lastname@example.org and to the Merit Badge Counselor List administrator for the District your troop is served by, listed above.
- Attend a Merit Badge Counselor Training which is offered at the annual Program Training Conference, or by your District Merit Badge Counselor Coordinator at a District training event.
There is no cost to be a merit badge counselor. Once the application is received at the Council’s Registrar’s Office, the applicant will be notified if there are deficiencies in the application. The Council no longer retains applications, so please resubmit all the required information.
Approved applicants will be loaded into Scoutbook. The district counselor list will be updated monthly.
Making Changes to your Merit Badge Counselor Application
If a current counselor would like to add or delete merit badges, please email a completed Merit Badge Counselor Information form to your district’s Merit Badge Counselor List administrator.