The Chief Seattle Council is divided into service areas with leadership provided by the District Executive, District Chairman, and the District Commissioner. Except for the District Executive, the committee is staffed by volunteers.
Roundtable Meetings: The Mountain Roundtable meets on the second Thursday of each month at 7:00PM. Check the calendar for meeting location and online link (if available). The objective of roundtable is to provide unit leaders with program ideas; information on policy and events; and training opportunities. It is a forum for sharing experiences and enjoying fun and fellowship with other Scout leaders.
Committee Meetings: The Mountain Committee meets online on the first Thursday of each month at 7:00 pm. All are welcome. The voting members of the Alpine District consist of volunteer representatives from each chartered organization having at least one BSA unit, plus annually elected members-at-large who in turn elect the District Chair.
Commissioner Meetings: The Mountain Commissioners meet online at the same date as the District Committee meeting except starting at 6:30 PM.
Events and Training hosted or supported annually by the Mountain Service Area:
- Klondike – Winter sled racing, scout skills, and dutch oven cooking in Jan or Feb.
- Merit Badge Fair – Spring and fall.
- Scouting for Food – Cub Scout service project in March.
- High Adventure Camporee – Scout skills in May.
- OA Induction Weekend and Ordeal – June (Council)
- Adult Leader Recognition Ceremony – June
- Whitewater Rafting – June
- Cub Scout Day Camp – July (Council)
- OA Conclave – September (Council)
- OA Fall Rally – October (Council)
- WASHJAM – August every four years returning 2026 (regional)
- Webelos Woods – Scouting introduction for Webelos in September.
- BALOO – Pack Leader training.
- IOLS – Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills – Scoutmaster and ASM training.
- Program and Training Conference – Adult Leader Training in October (Council).
- WFA – Wilderness First Aid training.
- Wood Badge – Adult Leader training (Council).