Merit Badge Counselors and Rosters
Merit Badge Counselor Coordinator
Merit Badge Counselor Application Process
If you would like to apply to be a merit badge counselor, please follow these steps:
- Complete a BSA Adult Application if you are not currently registered with a unit (Pack, Troop, Team, Crew).
- Complete BSA Youth Protection Training and save a copy of your training certificate.
- Complete the Merit Badge Counselor Information form.
- Email the Merit Badge Counselor Information form, BSA Youth Protection Training certificate, and Adult Application (if needed) to email@example.com and CC both the Peninsula Territories Executive (JNash@seattlebsa.org) and the Peninsulas Territory Merit Badge Counselor Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Attend a Merit Badge Counselor Training which is offered at the annual Program Training Conference, by your Peninsulas Territory Merit Badge Counselor Coordinator at a training event.
There is no cost to be a merit badge counselor. Once the application is received at the Council’s Registrar’s Office, the applicant will be notified if there are deficiencies in the application. The Council no longer retains applications, so please resubmit all the required information.
Approved applicants will be loaded into Scoutbook. The territory counselor list will be updated monthly.
Requesting a Current Merit Badge Counselor (MBC) Roster
Please email the Peninsulas Territory Merit Badge Counselor Coordinator (email@example.com) for an updated Merit Badge Counselor roster. Anyone not listed on this roster isn’t currently registered as Merit Badge Counselor.
Making Changes to your Merit Badge Counselor Application
If a current counselor would like to add or delete merit badges, please email a completed Merit Badge Counselor Information form and email the completed form to the Peninsulas Territory Merit Badge Counselor Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
If a current counselor would no longer like to serve, please email your request to be dropped to he Peninsulas Territory Merit Badge Counselor Coordinator at email@example.com and the Peninsulas Territory Executive at firstname.lastname@example.org
If there are any questions on the MBC application process or requesting an undated MBC roster, please email the territory Merit Badge Counselor (email@example.com)