Camp Staff Opportunities
Joining the Camp Staff team is a wonderful way to develop leadership skills and help different types of people while having tons of fun. The following Camp Staff positions are available:
Summer Camp Staff
For Camp Edward, Parsons, and Pigott. Minimum ages for most positions are 16,18 and 21 years of age depending on position and level of responsibility. Camp Edward hosts our Cub Scout resident camp programs. Parsons and Pigott are the home of our Scouts BSA summer camping in the Chief Seattle Council.
Winter Camp Staff
Assist with Camp Sheppard’s weekend programs for Cub Scouts and Scouts BSA. This camp season stretches from December through March each year.
We are currently hiring for Winter Camp ’23 -’24 in all departments. Scouts should come prepared to discuss ideas for
programs at Camp Sheppard, as well as why they want to serve on staff.
Below are positions, requirements, pre-requisites. Applications are due by October 1, 2023.
- Program Area Director (Scoutcraft/Skills, Ecology/STEM, Craft Lodge, Archery & BB Gun
Range)- Must be 18 years of age. Applications should be accompanied by program ideas for their respective area, pertinent certificates of qualification.
- Program Staff– Must be 16 years of age.
- Head Cook– Must be 18 years of age, and be able to obtain a Food Protection Manager certification prior to starting work. Applications should be accompanied by a proposed meal plan for a day at camp.
- Kitchen Staff– Must be 16 years of age.
- Trading Post Manager– Must be 18 years of age. Applications should be accompanied by ideas for Trading Post inventory.
- Weekend Ranger– Must be 18 years of age. Applicants should possess basic hand tool skills. Skills in carpentry, plumbing, or electrical work preferred.
- Counselor in Training (unpaid position) A staff member who is 14-15 years old, who is training to be a paid staff member. Used in all camps and programs. Can be for the entire season or a shorter period of time.
All interested applicants should apply online at https://seattlebsa.org/camping/camp-staff-opportunities/ and send accompanying documents by email to email@example.com.