Documents Related to Eagle Advancement:
National Resources Council FAQ resource
Kitsap District resources:
DISTRICT Life to Eagle checklist
- Please click the link above to download the checklist.
- Eagle candidates need to be aware of, and follow, several essential procedures in order to properly submit all paperwork required for Eagle advancement and to avoid processing delays.
- All District Life Scouts who are starting their work toward the Eagle rank should carefully review this checklist.
- The District wide physical paperwork drop off point is at 9981 Central Valley Road. Look for the brown box on the doorstep. Then contact the District Advancement Chair to inform her the packet is in there so it does not get lost.
Navigating the Eagle Scout Service Project
Information for Project Beneficiaries
- This is a two-page information document intended to help ensure that Eagle Scout service project beneficiaries are aware of the purposes for the projects, the approval process, their responsibilities, and key restrictions and limitations.
- Scouts should print this document and give it to the benefitting organization’s representative as soon as potential project discussions begin.
Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook – (WHEN YOU OPEN THE WORKBOOK LINK YOU WILL GET A NOTICE SAYING YOU NEED A NEW VERSION OF ADOBE – download the document anyway. Then open a local copy on your device using Adobe Reader.)
- Please note that the ENTIRE workbook should be printed and submitted when working the Eagle Scout Service Projects (NOT JUST THE PROPOSAL SECTION).
- E-mailed or computer-media versions of the workbook will not be accepted; only a printed copy of the workbook should be submitted for project approval.
- Please securely bind the pages of the workbook in some manner (it should not be submitted as loose or paper-clipped sheets), and remember to include photos of the project work (before, and during) and results. An example from a fellow Eagle Scout is here.
Guidelines for Tool Use and Work at Elevations or Excavations
Eagle candidates are expected to review and apply the guidelines in this document (No. 680-028), which are intended to help ensure that:
- Service projects are planned with only “age-appropriate” use of hand and power tools.
- Personal protective equipment is used when needed.
- Appropriate training in the use of tools is provided.
- Qualified adult supervision is continuous during the service project.
Eagle Scout Letter of Recommendation Form
Click above to download the form from Chief Seattle Council.
Follow the below instructions to fill out and mail the form.
- This form should be provided to all individuals who will provide letters of recommendation for Eagle Scout candidates (Eagle rank advancement Requirement 2).
- The Eagle Candidate is expected to provide an Eagle Scout Letter of Recommendation Form to ALL FIVE individuals (or SIX, if employed) who is listed in the Requirement 2 section of the Eagle Scout Rank Application.
- The letter-writers selected by the Eagle Candidate should be people who can address how he lives by the principles of the Scout Oath and Law in his daily life (that is, OUTSIDE of Scouting activities), and from the specific perspective indicated by the line on which they are listed (Parents/Guardians, Religious, Educational, etc.).
- Unit leaders or other adults associated with the Scout’s unit SHOULD NOT be listed as the references in the requirement 2 section UNLESS they ALSO know the Eagle Candidate OUTSIDE of Scouting, such as by being a neighbor, coach, relative, etc. However, an additional letter from the Unit Leader is always welcome.
- When the Eagle Candidate asks the individuals to provide a letter of recommendation, the scout should mention the specific line on the application for which they are listed (for the Religious, Educational, and Employer lines) and also provide each person a pre-stamped envelope, pre-addressed (but with NO return address on the envelope) for mailing to:
Kitsap District Advancement Chairman
3662 NE Hyak Way
Bremerton, WA 98311
The recommendation may also be emailed to: email@example.com
Eagle Scout Rank Application
- This is a fillable pdf version of the current Eagle Scout Rank Application form.
- Before submitting this application, be sure to check all dates for accuracy and to ensure that they match those in official Chief Seattle Council advancement records.
For Scouts and Unit Leaders
Service Project Planning Guidelines
- This document helps to guide a service project planner through important project management topics, including: the service project safety planning process, hazard analysis and recognition, proper use and storage of tools and equipment, weather considerations, health / sanitation considerations, and project assessment and monitoring.
- Eagle candidates will likely find a review of this document (No. 680-027) to be helpful while they plan their Eagle Scout Service Projects, as these guidelines represent elements that should appear in the Final Plan section of their Eagle Scout Service Project Workbooks.
- Unit leaders and Eagle Scout Service Project Coaches should review these guidelines to ensure that safety considerations are effectively addressed for all Eagle Scout Service Projects, as these projects are official unit activities, and minors cannot and must not be held responsible for safety concerns.
Council provides a FAQ of the things most missed and updates in the processing of packages. Please review
Eagle Project Coach Application
- This application must be submitted in order to become approved to serve as an Eagle Project Coach for District Scouts.
- Individuals who wish to become a Project Coach must first: (1) attend a District training session on the role of the roles and responsibilities of Eagle Scout Service Project Coaches, the use of the Eagle Service Project Workbook, and related administrative procedures, (2) be registered in a BSA Adult position, and (3) be current on Youth Protection Training.
- Application forms should be submitted to:
District Advancement Chairman
Chief Seattle Council, Boy Scouts of America
3662 NE Hyak Way
Bremerton, WA 98311