Come join us on Blake Island for the weekend of September 22-24, 2023!
The Sea Scout Ship Propeller will be taking us from its dock in Lake Union, out through the Ballard Locks on our way to the island Friday evening September 22, returning Sunday afternoon by 2:00pm. Sounds like a blast to me!
- $30 – Includes transportation via Sea Scout Ship Propeller and two nights of camping in the group camp site.
- The SSS Propeller has a capacity of 41, so reserve your spot now!
- $10 – Includes camping in the group camp site, but you will provide your own watercraft transportation. Got a canoe or sea kayak? Or one of your families has a boat and is willing to transport you? Get your crew together and come on over!
- No meals are provided – food is on your own. Saturday breakfast, lunch and dinner, Sunday breakfast, snacks for lunch on ship on the way back to Lake Union dock.
Have questions? Want more information?
- Youth Leader – Prue Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adult Advisor – Randy Ogata, email@example.com
- Adult Advisor – Dale Rae, Dale.Rae@gmail.com
Friday September 22nd
- Participants meet at 6:00 pm at the SSS Propeller dock in Lake Union and load up the boat.
- The Propeller travels through the Ballard Locks on the way to Blake Island dock on the east end of the island. We will arrive around 8:00 pm or so.
- We will unload the boat and then walk a few hundred yards to the group camp site.
- Pack accordingly for the walk! Backpacks, coolers with wheels! There may be a few carts at the dock but be prepared!
Saturday September 23rd
- Activities may include: hiking, geocaching, field games, introduction to orienteering (map and compass), intro to canoeing, maybe a small service project for the Park’s Ranger, and more!
- After dinner discussion on ways to better connect our council crews together, ideas for future joint events, communications.
- Saturday night campfire!
● Sunday September 24th
- Scouts Own / Interfaith service
- Pack up, cleanup
- Move gear down to the dock to meet SSS Propeller at Noon
- Load up boat, head back to Lake Union, via the Ballard Locks
- Approximate arrival at Lake Union dock is 2:00p